Monday, September 20, 2010

Lewis' Services as an Appraiser

I am a long-time accredited member of the top rated Appraisers’ Association of America, I follow its ethical and professional guidelines—which coincide with my own philosophy.

Since 1986 I have been providing appraisal, consulting and expert witness services throughout the Southern Californian region. Since I have acquired my expertise during 57 years of hands-on experience, continuous study and research, I produce work that is thorough and accurate. As a generalist whose expertise ranges from museum-quality antiques and fine art, to contemporary and decorative furnishings, utilitarian items and everything in between, I am usually called in to evaluate the entire contents of homes and businesses. My clients include insurance companies, attorneys, government agencies, banks, realtors, as well as families protecting their possessions, retirees providing for their heirs and couples struggling with divorce.

Following the ethical guidelines of the Appraisers Association of America, I do not buy what I appraise (it would be a conflict of interest), albeit I do counsel and assist clients if there is a need to sell their possessions. By the same guidelines, I charge hourly fees, based on the time I spend viewing and listing the items to be evaluated, researching obscure or controversial pieces and preparing the written appraisal. (Basing fees on the values of items being appraised is not considered ethical or fair practice.)

I make allowances for seniors, members of the armed forces and all those who might need a helping hand. Email me or phone (858-459-9479) and you will find someone who will be willing to listen and work through your concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment